Sunday, June 29, 2008

A little bit of paradise

Well I have always wanted a pond in my back yard so I just did it. Kora, Jakob, and Paw Paw worked all day Saturday and made our pond. I had dug the main hole the over day so we did all the rest in one hot day. It was so fun we didn't even feel the heat.


Here is the final pond with all of our hard work done. The pond has a filter and UV lamp to keep the pond from turning green. Kora and Paw Paw went to buy the fish at 10:00pm Saturday night at Walmart. We just could not wait. We put around 30 gold fish that can grow up to 12-16" long. I used about 1 ton of the flat rock to put around it and for sidewalk. I also used about a 1/2 ton of square rocks to form the wall around the upper pond. Jakob, Kora, and I caught a baby frog today and put him in the pond. I was really a blast and makes the back yard feel so cozy with the waterfall.


6 comments:

Mady's Momma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
THE RAINES FAMILY said...

Very nice. I hope the goldfish don't draw in any stray cats. :)

Marian said...

What a clever brother I have. It's a lovely pond -- can't wait to see it in person. Just please keep Isaak away from it when he begins to walk.

Love You All,
Sister

Amanda said...

LOVE IT! If your bored you can come do one for us....since your so good at it:) LOL!

grammie said...

Love it! Will you come build one for me and Scott? NancyP

grammie said...

Love it! Will you come build one for me and Scott? Or at least teach Scott how to do it? NancyP