Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Divorce


A man in Phoenix calls his son in New York two days before Christmas and says,"I hate to ruin your holiday, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough. "Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams. We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the father says. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her." Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this," She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at her father, "You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up. The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay," he says, "they're coming for Christmas and paying their own way."
.
Now Teresa and I know how to get our family home for Christmas.

5 comments:

Marian said...

Well, does that mean Lindsay and Enos are changing their plans and will be at the George household for Christmas? :) Good one, Brother.

Love You Both,
Sister

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

I'm not fallin for it!

Laura Jansson said...

I love it! My parents would appreciate that story... lucky for them, though we will all be at their house this year. First time in about 3 years, I think. Have a Merry Christmas!! :)

Tara said...

I have not heard that story in a long time, but it is till so funny! Wouldn't it be nice if it really was THAT simple to get everyone home for Christmas? :)

Heather said...

That's hillarious...I can't believe their creativity! :) Check out our site from time to time: www.insidemyhead-heather.blogspot.com