Friday, December 14, 2007

Update on shooting in my park



Well I know that you justed wanted to more about the shooting in my park so here is a update.


Police: Rockwall woman had mom shoot her husband
Rowlett officers arrest 44-year-old accused of having online affair
08:41 AM CST on Friday, December 14, 2007
By SCOTT GOLDSTEIN / The Dallas Morning News


Robin Handel
Rowlett police say a married woman who was having an online affair wanted her husband dead.
So she had her mother shoot him in the back of the head after serving him a slice of cake, Rowlett police spokesman John Ellison said.
Robin Handel, 44, of Rockwall was arrested Thursday on a charge of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in the Nov. 30 shooting of her husband, Stephen Handel, Mr. Ellison said.
"The investigation pointed to [Ms. Handel] having some type of online relationship with an unknown person," Mr. Ellison said. "The investigation doesn't show that this individual is involved at this time."
Mr. Handel, 38, survived the shooting at the Dalrock Meadows Mobile Home Park in the 8700 block of Lakeview Parkway. The bullet was fired from a small-caliber gun and apparently didn't penetrate his skull, police said.

After the shooting, Ms. Handel's 71-year-old mother, Janelle Thompson, barricaded herself in her home for about 90 minutes. When she came out, police noticed she had shot herself twice in the chest.

Janelle Thompson
Ms. Thompson underwent surgery and was arrested the day after the shooting on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, Mr. Ellison said. She was being held at the Dallas County Jail on Thursday night in lieu of $5,000 bail.
Ms. Handel was being held at the Rowlett Jail, where her bail information was not available.

I don't want to mess with the mom or daughter. The mom looks really scary.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They DO look scary!! I just can't imagine that conversation! "Hey, Mama. Whaddo you think about shooting my huzzzzbind for me?"

Eek

Marian said...

I am reminded of the joke: "My wife's so ugly I'd rather take her with me than have to kiss her good-bye."

Tara said...

INSANE!!! That is such a psycho story, creepos. I have to admit, between the pictures you posted, and Lindsay's sketch, it is kind of comical. In a sick sort of way. :)