Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I have been tagged


I will try and list a few things that most people do not know about me but my wife knows it all.

Secret 1

First everyone knows I am a big Dallas Mavericks fan. I just totally love basketball. I love to watch it and play it. One thing you may not know about me is that I never touched a basketball until I was around 19 years old. Scott Pierce introduced me to basketball in his driveway. He was patience with me and taught me a lot of things about the game. Scott played high school and college basketball and was very good. He showed me that you didn't need to be tall to play good basketball. He was an excellent point guard and could drive to the basket against the best of them. Thank you Scott for teaching me a game that has changed my life. It gave me the confidence that I needed in life to succeed. My secret is that I always wished I had been able to play some level of school basketball. Not that I think I could have but I sure would have loved to try. It is kinda sad but now I can only play basketball about once every two weeks because my knees hurt to much and require time to heal. What also is sad is we now have a new Stake building only seven minutes from our house with a full wood floor court (I have been playing on a small carpet gym at church for 15 years) and I am not sure I can even enjoy it very much for obvious reasons.

Secret 2
You all know that we have three beautiful daughters. What you may not know is that I wanted each one to be a boy. Well I didn't get my wish but I did get three great son-in-laws and now have three wonderful grandsons. Thank you Daughters for bringing me these sons.


Secret 3

I have never smoked a cigarette but when I was 15 I did puff on a cigar once and decided it was just a stupid thing to do.



Secret 4

Some people may already know this but I will just post it anyway. My favorite book is The Richest Man in Babylon. When I was around 25 I was in an Elders Quorum meeting and they were discussing that we need to be debt free and learn how to save money. The teacher passed out a copy of a chapter from The Richest Man in Babylon and it changed my whole outlook on life. I would encourage everyone to read this book and apply its principles and if they do they cannot help but to be successful. To put it in a nutshell the book teaches us that we must pay ourselves 10% each year and let that 10% grow and grow making wise investments and never take it out for pleasure needs. Any success I have had comes from this little practice.


Secret 5

I only must say this because my wife has crushes on George Srait and Johnny Depp.

I am a fan of Keira Knightley.



Secret 6

I know I was only suppose to post five secrets but I had to do one more. I have always wanted to get to know my sister better but it seemed like she would never let me get to really know her. I now feel like I know my sister and I am so excited about this. She is such a great sister. Thanks Sister for your Love and support. I am a better person because of you.




I don't really know how this tagging thing works but I tag David Herfurth, Austin Lowe, and Enos Heinzen.







4 comments:

David and Teresa said...

Well Kiera Knightly is not the sweet thing that she appears to be, though, her look alike, Natalie Portman, is. It is ok if you like her.

Love Teresa

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

I like all your secrets dad! I didn't know about the basketball thing and I didn't know that you longed for each of your daughters to be a son, BUT i like all your pictures of the boys you have now! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Good job Dad!! See this blogging thing isn't so bad! I love seeing your boys up there! Love you!

Lindsay said...

i must say Dad.. i didn't know you had a thing for Kiera Knightly... i like her a lot too... she's so cool... but i agree with mother Natalie Portman is a perfect alternative... she's sweet and pretty and SMART... i believe she went to harvard...Oh and Enos is in LOVE with Natalie Portman so he's taught me to love her. I love all your other secrets... you're such a great dad.. thanks for that.